Grade 11 Math – Foundations for College Mathematics (MBF3C)
Foundations for College Mathematics, Grade 11, College Preparation, MBF3C
This course enables students to broaden their understanding of mathematics as a problem-solving tool in the real world.
Students will extend their understanding of quadratic relations;
• investigate situations involving exponential growth;
• solve problems involving compound interest;
• solve financial problems connected with vehicle ownership;
• develop their ability to reason by collecting, analyzing, and evaluating data involving one variable;
• connect probability and statistics;
• solve problems in geometry and trigonometry.
Students will consolidate their mathematical skills as they solve problems and communicate their thinking.
Prerequisite: Foundations of Mathematics, Grade 10, Applied